Recruit ensures a seamless user experience for jobseekers across multiple devices
As mobile devices are rapidly becoming an integral part of our everyday lives, they are changing the way in which we consume and search for information. Of course, this also applies to job seekers, with a survey from Marketwatch finding that ‘90% of job seekers utilize mobile devices to conduct key functions when looking for their next career opportunity.’ With 2016 expected to be the year where smartphones outnumber people, this heralds a major change in the way job seekers search for and apply for jobs.
- Improve SEO and search engine ranking
- Increase overall reach attracting a wider candidate audience and improving the quality of applicants
- Provide a seamless user experience for the candidate that automatically responds to the device they are using, eliminating barriers and making it easier for them to search for and apply for jobs
- Future proof your investment by adopting a cloud-based technology and responsive web design
Today’s candidates expect a seamless online experience regardless of when, where and with whatever device they access your job site. They expect to be able to search for, save and even apply for jobs from a mobile device. If your job site is not optimised for mobile, you will be alienating good quality candidates and they will look elsewhere for employment opportunities.
Responsive Web Design (RWD) means that the site can recognise the screen size of the user, and adapt its pages to the most appropriate format for the respective viewing device regardless of device type (desktop, smartphone, tablet), its OS (Apple iOS, Android, Windows), or its orientation. Responsive technology means that you do not have to build specialist mobile sites.
With Recruit’s responsive web pages and templates, you can now offer an optimised mobile recruitment experience for candidates, and that your site will adapt beautifully to the device type and size.
Being responsive even improves your search engine ratings because Google and other search engines rate responsive sites more highly.
Mobile Recruitment Stats
- Job Searching on Mobile Devices Will Only Increase- Glassdoor on Mobile Recruitment Trends for 2016
- Only 47% of job sites offer candidates the ability to apply for jobs via their mobile devices- Deloitte’s 2015 Mobile Consumer Survey
- 25% of job seekers currently use their mobile devices to complete the entire job application- IBM
- 46% of those who use mobile for job searches expect all organisations to have a mobile career site in the future- IBM